- 1 How do I get Alexa to play my iTunes music?
- 2 Can Alexa access my music library?
- 3 Why won’t Alexa play my music library?
- 4 Can I play Apple Music through Alexa?
- 5 Will I lose my music when iTunes shuts down?
- 6 How does Alexa connect to the Internet?
- 7 How do I get Alexa to play my own music?
- 8 How do I get Alexa to play music from my library?
- 9 Can Alexa access my NAS drive?
- 10 Why can’t I play my music on Amazon Music?
- 11 Why is Alexa not playing music from Spotify?
- 12 Why can’t I link Apple Music to Alexa?
- 13 How do I control music on my phone with Alexa?
How do I get Alexa to play my iTunes music?
Set up Apple Music with Alexa
- Open the Amazon Alexa app.
- In the lower-right corner, tap More.
- Tap Skills & Games.
- In the upper-right corner, tap the search field, then enter Apple Music.
- Tap Enable To Use.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Link Account.
- Follow the instructions to sign in with your Apple ID.
Can Alexa access my music library?
My Media for Alexa lets you voice control and stream music from your home media collection to your Amazon Echo or Amazon Dot device. Once you have done this, simply select the folders on your computer that contain your music collection, or alternatively select your whole iTunes library.
Why won’t Alexa play my music library?
Wi-Fi connectivity issues can cause media and music to buffer or not play. To solve most streaming issues: Reduce Wi-Fi congestion by turning off any connected devices that you’re not using. Move your device away from walls, metal objects, or sources of interference like microwave ovens and baby monitors.
Can I play Apple Music through Alexa?
Ask Alexa to play your music You can ask Alexa to play songs, artists, albums or genres from Apple Music. You can also play playlists from Apple Music’s editors or playlists in your iCloud Music Library. Say something like: “Alexa, play Chill radio on Apple Music” or “Alexa, play Ariana Grande on Apple Music”.
Will I lose my music when iTunes shuts down?
All the music that you have purchased will still be available via the new Music app, and there, users will also be able to continue purchasing music, as well as stream music with an active Apple Music subscription.
How does Alexa connect to the Internet?
How to connect an Amazon Echo to Wi-Fi
- Sign into the Alexa app on your iPhone or Android device, then tap the “Devices” icon in the bottom-right.
- Tap “Echo & Alexa” on the next screen.
- Select the specific Echo device you want to connect to Wi-Fi.
- On the next page, next to “Wi-Fi Network,” tap the word “Change.”
How do I get Alexa to play my own music?
Just say, “ Alexa, ask My Pod to play my playlist.” You can then use “Next track,” “Previous track,” “Pause,” “Play,” and “Stop” to control playback, without having to say “ask My Pod” first.
How do I get Alexa to play music from my library?
To fix this, simply name your library or playlist. Then say “Alexa, play <music name> from <Library name>. You will notice Alexa will be able to play the song that you asked for. It is also worth mentioning that we have seen cases where saying the full name may get Alexa confused.
Can Alexa access my NAS drive?
With OurJukebox, Alexa can play music from any computer or NAS server on your home network using DLNA, the easy to set up standard for home media sharing. This means you can play all your music you love, even if you don’t have a music subscription, or the music isn’t available online.
Why can’t I play my music on Amazon Music?
To troubleshoot streaming issues: Confirm that your device is connected to Wi-Fi or a mobile network. If using a mobile network, confirm that the Amazon Music app settings allow for Cellular. Force stop and reopen the app.
Why is Alexa not playing music from Spotify?
One of the most common reasons why users run into this issue is that they log out of their Spotify account at some point. This is why Alexa is no longer able to play Spotify. If you are sure that you’ve not logged out of your account then we recommend that you unlink the account from Alexa and then link it again.
Make sure that you update to the latest iOS and check the App Store to see if there are updates for the Amazon Alexa app. If you use an Android device, check the Google Play Store for any updates to the Apple Music app or Amazon Alexa app.” In case you need to update your iOS device.
How do I control music on my phone with Alexa?
Use the Alexa App Let’s start with the Alexa app itself (iOS, Android). Through the app, you can tune up music or audiobooks on any of your online Echo devices. Open the app on your mobile device. At the home screen, tap the hamburger icon () and select Music & Books.