- 1 Why is my DVD not playing on Windows Media Player?
- 2 How do I get Windows Media Player to play a DVD?
- 3 Why does my DVD not play on Windows 10 media player?
- 4 Why won’t VLC Media Player play my DVD?
- 5 Why won’t my DVD player play certain DVDs?
- 6 How do you fix a DVD that won’t play?
- 7 How can I play a DVD on my laptop without a DVD player?
- 8 How do I get Windows DVD for free?
- 9 How do I play a DVD on my HP computer?
- 10 Does Windows 10 have built in DVD player?
- 11 What is the best DVD media player for Windows 10?
- 12 Why can’t I play a DVD on my HP laptop?
- 13 How do I use VLC media player to play DVDs?
- 14 How do I make VLC play a DVD automatically?
- 15 Why won’t VLC play my video?
Why is my DVD not playing on Windows Media Player?
If you see an error from Windows Media Player that says “compatible DVD decoder not installed,” this means that a plugin (called an mpeg-2 decoder) needed to play DVDs is not installed. However, the VLC Player program, available free of charge, will enable you to play DVDs or any type of video file.
How do I get Windows Media Player to play a DVD?
How to Watch DVDs on a Computer Using Windows Media Player
- Insert the DVD. To play a DVD on your computer you must first have a DVD drive and compatible DVD decoder installed onto your system.
- Start the Media Player program.
- Select the “Now Playing” tab.
- Choose the movie.
- Watch the movie.
Why does my DVD not play on Windows 10 media player?
You may come across the problem that your DVD won’t play on Windows 10 when you insert your disc into the disc drive. The causes of this problem can be that your Windows 10 does not have a proper DVD playback software, or that something is wrong with your CD/DVD drive.
Why won’t VLC Media Player play my DVD?
The VLC not playing DVD problem sometimes may be caused by the wrong VLC DVD preference settings. Here is how to do it: After launching VLC, open “Media” menu at the top left corner, then select “Open Disc”, “Disc Selection” and “DVD”. When it is done, replay the DVD in VLC and it might be able to work.
Why won’t my DVD player play certain DVDs?
A video burned to a DVD must be burned in a specific way. A WMV or AVI movie file burned to a disc will usually not play in most players unless it is converted to another format first. Special programs exist that convert video files to the right format before they are burned so most players can play them.
How do you fix a DVD that won’t play?
How to Fix DVD Won’t Play – 7 Solutions
- Solution 1: Check if the DVD type is incompatible with DVD player.
- Solution 2: Clean the dirty DVD or try a different disc.
- Solution 3: Ensure solid connection between DVD player and TV.
- Solution 4: Install Third Party DVD Player Software.
- Solution 5: Update DVD Firmware.
How can I play a DVD on my laptop without a DVD player?
How to play DVDs on a laptop without a DVD drive
- Use an external DVD drive. Shop HP External Drives Now.
- Create ISO files for virtual disks.
- Rip files from CD, DVD, or Blu-ray.
- Share CD and DVD drives over Windows network.
How do I get Windows DVD for free?
You are eligible to get the Windows DVD Player app for free if you upgrade to Windows 10 from the following Windows versions:
- Windows 7 Home Premium.
- Windows 7 Professional.
- Windows 7 Ultimate.
- Windows 8 Pro with Media Center.
- Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center.
How do I play a DVD on my HP computer?
Put the DVD into your HP laptop’s DVD drive and close it. It should automatically play when you do, but if not, select Media > Open Disc and in the corresponding menu, select the DVD tab. Your drive should be auto-selected, but if not, use the drop-down menu to select your DVD drive. Select Play.
Does Windows 10 have built in DVD player?
Unfortunately, if you pop a DVD into your Windows 10 computer, you may bump into trouble because Windows 10 Media Player doesn’t support regular DVDs. Microsoft offers a Windows DVD Player app, but it costs $15 and has generated a number of poor reviews. A better option lies in free, third-party programs.
What is the best DVD media player for Windows 10?
Top 8 Best Free DVD Player Software For Windows 10 And Mac
- Comparing Top DVD Players For Windows 10.
- #1) Leawo.
- #2) WinX DVD Ripper.
- #3) CyberLink PowerDVD 20 Ultra.
- #4) VideoLan VLC Player.
- #5) DVD Player-free.
- #6) 5K Player.
- #7) PotPlayer.
Why can’t I play a DVD on my HP laptop?
If this is the cause for DVD not playing on your HP laptop, fix it through: Change DVD region in Windows 10: Search and open Device Manager > Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click on your DVD player and select Properties > click on DVD Region tab, select the region in whicj you want to change to and click OK.
How do I use VLC media player to play DVDs?
Take a look at how you can use VLC media player to play your favorite DVDs:
- At the Windows 8 start screen, type VLC.
- Choose the view option.
- Insert your DVD into your DVD drive on your PC.
- Choose your DVD playback option.
- Open the DVD from within VLC media player.
- Click the Play Button.
How do I make VLC play a DVD automatically?
Example: VLC is a good, free DVD player, and can be downloaded here. After that is installed, go to Settings / Devices / Autoplay and toggle it to “ON”. Then, Settings / Apps / Default apps and set “Video Player” to VLC. Then insert a DVD; VLC player should start playing the disc immediately.
Why won’t VLC play my video?
One of the main reasons behind VLC not playing MP4 video could be the incompatibility of MP4 codec with VLC. To fix this issue, you need to convert the MP4 file to other formats that are fully compatible with VLC. Or you can download the VLC codec pack from the VLC site to install the required codecs for the MP4 video.