- 1 Why is my video not playing in PowerPoint?
- 2 How do I play a video and audio in PowerPoint?
- 3 What is the best video format for PowerPoint?
- 4 How do I get a YouTube video to play in PowerPoint?
- 5 How do I permanently insert a video into PowerPoint?
- 6 What kind of video can I insert in PowerPoint?
- 7 Can you use videos in PowerPoint?
- 8 How do you stop a YouTube video playing at a certain time in PowerPoint?
- 9 How do you embed a video?
Why is my video not playing in PowerPoint?
If the PowerPoint video is not playing automatically, then chances are that you could have set some other playback option for it. In this case, you can go to its Playback settings and change the autoplay feature. Step 1. Just open the file in PowerPoint and click on the video that is not playing automatically.
How do I play a video and audio in PowerPoint?
Inserting Sound or Video
- To insert a sound or video, go to the Insert Ribbon and click on the Video or Audio icon and choose Video or Audio from File….
- Navigate to the correct clip, and click the OK button.
- Once audio is inserted, an audio button will appear, allowing sound to play when it is clicked on.
What is the best video format for PowerPoint?
PowerPoint 2013, 2016, and 2019 are all compatible with most video formats, especially MP4, while WMV is recommended for PowerPoint 2010.
How do I get a YouTube video to play in PowerPoint?
In PowerPoint, click the slide that you want to add a video to. On the Insert tab, click Video > Online Video. In the From a Video Embed Code box, paste the embed code, and then click the arrow. A video rectangle is placed on your slide, which you can move and resize as you like.
How do I permanently insert a video into PowerPoint?
Insert a video stored on your computer
- In Normal view, select the slide you’d like to add a video to.
- On the Insert tab, click Video, then click Movie from File.
- In the Choose a Movie dialog box, select the file you want to insert. If you want to embed the video on the slide, simply click Insert.
What kind of video can I insert in PowerPoint?
You can insert videos in the following formats:
- ASF (Windows media file)
- AVI (Windows video files – some require additional codecs)
- MPG (movie file)
- MPEG (movie file)
- SWF (Adobe Flash media file)
- WMV (Windows media video file)
- MOV (MP4 video file)
- M4V (MP4 video file)
Can you use videos in PowerPoint?
In PowerPoint, you can add animated GIFs, videos from your computer or online videos, recordings, export your presentation as a video, and even add captions to videos.
How do you stop a YouTube video playing at a certain time in PowerPoint?
To trim a YouTube video to a certain start time, simply:
- Open your YouTube video’s watch page.
- Click the Share button.
- Adjust the video’s Start at time.
- Click Copy.
How do you embed a video?
Embed videos & playlists
- On a computer, go to the YouTube video or playlist you want to embed.
- Click SHARE.
- From the list of Share options, click Embed.
- From the box that appears, copy the HTML code.
- Paste the code into your website HTML.