- 1 What is the best way to play all the Metal Gear games?
- 2 What order should I play Metal Gear Solid?
- 3 Where do I start with Metal Gear?
- 4 Where can I play Metal Gear Solid?
- 5 Do I have to play Metal Gear Solid 1?
- 6 Should I play phantom pain or ground zeroes first?
- 7 Is Solid Snake a virgin?
- 8 Is Big Boss a villain?
- 9 Can I start with MGS2?
- 10 Can I play Metal Gear Solid 5 first?
- 11 Can I start from MGS 5?
- 12 What is the best Metal Gear Solid game?
- 13 Do I need to play Metal Gear Solid 4?
- 14 Are Metal Gear Solid Games related?
What is the best way to play all the Metal Gear games?
The optimal way to play the Metal Gear Solid series is original release order: 1, 2, 3, 4, Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes, and Phantom Pain.
What order should I play Metal Gear Solid?
TL;DR So to summarize, play the games in this order:
- Metal Gear (Optional)
- Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (Optional)
- Metal Gear Solid/Metal Gear Solid:The twin snakes (Read retconned Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2:Solid Snake synopsis first)
- Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons of Libery.
- Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater.
Where do I start with Metal Gear?
Despite being third in the series, Snake Eater is still the best place to start if you want to understand what the Hell anyone is talking about in these games. It’s a prequel to every other Metal Gear Solid, and the starting point of a complex – and engrossing – narrative.
Where can I play Metal Gear Solid?
Metal Gear Solid 1 & 2 are now available on GOG Solid Snake, Revolver Ocelot, and all their wacky mates return to PC today with re-releases of the first two Metal Gear Solid games popping up on GOG, after years hiding in boxes.
Do I have to play Metal Gear Solid 1?
Absolutely. If you don’t, you’ll need to at some point if you like the series, and going back to the older control scheme can be a bit difficult. At the VERY least, start out with Twin Snakes for gamecube.
Should I play phantom pain or ground zeroes first?
Do you need to play Ground Zero before phantom pain? You unlock a few things in Phantom Pain from playing it like special soldiers that would normally take much longer to unlock. Ground Zeroes also feels different because it isn’t open world. It’s not required to play before Phantom Pain but it is suggested.
Is Solid Snake a virgin?
Solid Snake could be a virgin, but he’s never been implied as such. Technically, Snake can make love, its that he can’t reproduce. There is such a thing as having sex without reproducing as a result. Uh, actually, the Meryl ending is the canon version, for a very simple reason: In the Otacon ending, Meryl died.
Is Big Boss a villain?
In the end, Big Boss became less of a villain than a hero who went astray, and even in his final moments of life he won a victory by mentoring Snake, giving his unwanted “son” the conviction to live out the remainder of his own life on his own terms.
Can I start with MGS2?
You’re not going to understand the story of MGS2 whether you play MGS or not. However, you definitely want to play the first one. It’s one of the greatest games of all time a much better investment than its sequels.
Can I play Metal Gear Solid 5 first?
PC gamers can now play Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes in the first person thanks to a new mod that enables you to play the game from Snake’s own perspective.
Can I start from MGS 5?
Another easy go-to start should be Metal Gear Solid V (either Ground Zeroes of Phantom Pain). While the gameplay is close to flawless and the game itself is exactly what many fans needed, it doesn’t hook you to much on the Metal Gear vibe.
What is the best Metal Gear Solid game?
The 15 Best Metal Gear Solid Games, Ranked By Metacritic
- 1 Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty (2001) – 96.
- 2 Metal Gear Solid (1998) – 94.
- 3 Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (2006) – 94.
- 4 Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots (2008) – 94.
- 5 Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (2015) – 91.
Do I need to play Metal Gear Solid 4?
Depends on what you consider necessary, you can start anywhere but the story might be a bit confusing at times. My first MGS game was 4, I loved it so much I went back and played the others, and to be honest I wish I had played them first. It made a lot more sense playing MGSIV the second time then the first.
This is the first prequel which was set prior to all the previously released Metal Gear games and which acted as an origin to the franchise. These games were followed by a sequel to Snake Eater, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, which was released on the PlayStation Portable in 2006.